Thursday, February 28, 2008

Diaper Shower Goodies

I got to sew for another diaper shower for an online friend. Such fun! I love sewing diaps for other mamas. Here's what she'll be receiving:

Small/medium Ladybugz shorties in a soft acrylic (her little ones can't tolerate wool)



A small and a medium pocket fitted sewn from the VB AIO pattern and modified to make them snapping. Outer and inner flannel with a hidden layer of birdseye. Stuffed with trifolded inserts of terry and flannel:

Outers:


Inners:


And the whole kit and kaboodle ready for the mail:


I really like how the snaps turned out, especially the crossover settings. I'll have to make some like this for our stash now.

I hope she likes them!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Elliot said...

Ooh! I love those fabrics. I am sure she will love them! I have made a couple of pocket diapers but I never thought to make the inserts snap in like that. I will have to take a look at that pattern!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Sorry Kelley, that last comment was from me (Rae)...I accidentally posted as my baby...he has a blogger userid too...(: Sorry for the confusion.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Thanks, Rae! And LOL about Elliot commenting on my diapers. I thought, "Man, if this baby likes them, they must be pretty good."
:-)

Actually, the inserts don't snap in (though that's a really cool idea that I may need to try!). They're just stuffed into the pockets like in any old pocket diap. :-) The snap modification I did was to make them front snapping instead of front Aplix closure. The mama I made them for doesn't like Aplix, so I figured out how do snaps instead.

I really like the Very Basic AIO pattern. It's my new favorite.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jofrog said...

So cute! What a great gift!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home