Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Punk Knitters Soaker

Yay! Some knitting content! It's another soaker for T.



Pattern: Punk Knitters soaker
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky, bare
Needles: US size 5 and 7 (and 6 for the flat knit portion of the body, since my tension is looser for flat knitting than knitting in the round)
Mods: bulky instead of worsted weight yarn (and needle sizes to work with yarn weight), picked up fewer stitches for the cuff (pattern says to pick up one stitch for each row of knitting, but I skipped a row every 6 stitches or so).

I'm hoping that this will be suitable for nighttime since I used bulky weight yarn. I loved working with the WOTA bulky. It's lofty and really quite soft. We'll see how it performs. I've been wanting to try this super basic pattern for a while just to see how it goes together. It is so easy to knit and went super fast (probably partly because I used bulky yarn). We'll see if I like the fit--it'll be interesting to see how the lack of shaping works out on a baby bum.

One more soaker to go, and T will have a very generous stash of woolies for summer. More FO pics coming soon!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jofrog said...

That is the only pattern I use (because I'm too lazy to think much on soakers... I save that for sweaters and socks!).

They fit Kaya well. I hope T likes it and it works well for night-time. Does the WOTA have much lanolin in it, or do you have to lanolize first?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

This is the first time I've used WOTA, and I haven't tried the worsted yet. It doesn't seem to have a lot of lanolin left in it. I lanolized the soaker, but it seems like it could use a bit more, so I'd say lanolize heavily the first time. (I like lots of lanolin though--my soakers generally feel a bit tacky when freshly lanolized. It wears off soon enough :-)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Erin Joy said...

Bare Bulky is one of my favorite yarns to dye, too. It's a fast knit as I get 4spi on 9s.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it!!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home