Sunday, February 25, 2007

Finally an FO





I finished my Swiffer cover yesterday, and there was sufficient sun for taking pictures. I think the cover turned out pretty well. I used some old acrylic I had in my stash, thinking it might replicate the static action of the disposable Swiffer cloths better than cotton. I gave it a test drive, and it picks up dust and cat hair really well. It just pushed around the kitty litter that gets tracked all over the house. (I hate that, but I'm not about to give up my furry baby over it.) I have yet to find any dry mop that will pick up kitty litter, so I just push it into a pile and suck it up with the Dust Buster.

Now, with one project finished, I can cast on for something else. I think I'll start on T's birthday sweater today. I'm planning an EZ sweater like this one in navy blue and red. I'm hoping to have it done by his first birthday at the end of March so he can wear it for his one-year-old portrait.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

what an interesting idea

6:05 PM  
Blogger Erin Joy said...

That's great! Do you have a pattern for that or did you just wing it? I'm glad to see you back -- I like reading your blog. :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Hi, Erin. Thanks! I used a free online pattern. Unfortunately, it seems to have been removed, but you can check here to see if it comes back:

http://www.knitplayground.com/archive/freepatternsmay.html

I'm so glad you enjoy my blog. I have a lot of fun with it.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jofrog said...

I really like the swiffer cover idea... I was just commenting to ask if the link was wrong to the pattern, but it's just gone. Bummer!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home