Tuesday, January 09, 2007

National De-lurking Week

It's National De-lurking Week! I just read a post about comments on Abigail's blog, and it pretty much sums up how I feel about comments, so read here!

I have some WIPs going, but nothing really worth posting pics of yet. I decided that I'd like to try to find some ways to use up my stash of acrylic (from back in the day when a) I had no money and b) I hadn't yet become hooked on natural fibers). There are some patterns I'd really like to try, but I don't have the extra money at the moment to buy the yarn I'd really like to knit them up with, so I think I'll use my acrylic for some test pieces. They're mostly baby items, and I'm sure I know some moms who would appreciate the easy care of acrylic, so it's all good. I get some knitting time in, I get rid of my acrylic, and friends and family members get some handknits they won't be afraid to use (hopefully). On that list of test knits is the Mason Dixon baby kimono (already in progress in pastel yellow Red Heart acrylic) and the February baby sweater from EZ's Knitter's Almanac.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking that the Mason Dixie pattern sounded fun. You will have to show pictures when you get a chance. :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

How about knitted toys? Acrylic is great for that b/c it's indestructible.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home