Sunday, January 14, 2007

Mason Dixon Baby Kimono



Yarn: Red Heart acrylic, light yellow
Pattern: Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting
Needles: US 6 Knitpicks Options, US 5 DPN for the I cord closure

This turned out pretty well considering I used acrylic rather than cotton. (I'm trying to use up my old acrylic on baby clothes and such.) It does seem a bit stiff, so I'm considering "killing" it to see if that improves the drape. This is a quick, fun pattern, and I think it turns out really cute!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

How do you "kill" it? I've got some ack-cryllic I'd also like to use up...

Thanks and the kimono looks wonderful!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Cambria said...

It might improve after a wash and dry. I knit a seed stitch blanket for my little guy and was disappointed with it too but after a toss in the machine it soften right up and is really drapie now.

7:33 AM  
Blogger hakucho said...

The kimono turned out great! I have yet to try the pattern...it certainly makes a nice baby gift.

happy knitting :)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it !!!

Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

8:07 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

There may be other/better ways to kill acrylic, but I just washed it and then put it through the dryer on the low setting with a fabric softener sheet (which I usually avoid, but with synthetic fibers it's a must). The sweater is much softer and has better "drape" now, so baby won't be wearing a stiff, plastic straight jacket. :-)

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home