Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Jumping Right on This Bandwagon

After seeing Elaine's post on the Mason Dixon KAL this morning, I just had to make one of these coasters for myself. It's such a clever idea, and it turns out great! Very squishy and absorbent. Good timing too--one of our two remaining terra cotta coasters got broken on Sunday, so we really need some new coasters. As quickly as these babies knit up, I'll have a whole new set in no time.



Yarn: Sugar and Cream, Dark Pine (small amount of scrap yarn)
Needles: US size 5
Pattern: Modified Baby Genius Burp Cloth from Mason Dixon Knitting. Cast on 25 stitches and work the pattern until the coaster is square.
Finished size: Approx 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches
Time to complete: 45 minutes, with breaks to move along the laundry

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MJ said...

Nice and fast!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Great idea! I haven't knit anything out of my book (yet), but knew my SIL would like it, so I got her a copy for Christmas. She's made 3 or 4 things already (and she's a newbie knitter).

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home