Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm Back!

I'm back, and do I need a knitting fix! It felt so good to email the finished manuscript back to the publisher today and clear off my desktop that I wanted to clean house in the literal sense too. I did a major cleaning (i.e. moving furniture) of the living room and dining room. Now that the dust bunnies are no longer threatening to push us out of the house, I feel like I can settle into my little nest and knit away. So here's what I've been planning for the last month and a half, my knitting to-do list. Well, I've been doing lots of fiber-related dreaming, but here's what's on the immediate agenda:

1. Mitts for T.
2. Ear flap hat for T. (I'm still trying to decide on a good pattern. He tends to have lots of trouble with the hat slipping down over his eyes. I'm trying to find a pattern for a hat that sits high on the forehead but has flaps to keep the ears warm. Know of any good ones? He's 8 1/2 months old.)
3. Socks for me (my very first foray into the world of sock knitting) .
4. Various and sundry dishcloths. This is mostly what I've been working on lately. (Okay, so I didn't take a total knitting hiatus. A girl's gotta get in some knitting time, come on!) They're quick and easy and fun, so I plan to do some more while I'm working on other projects.
5. Some kind of scarf/hat/mittens set for myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

Elizabeth Zimmerman designed a "Gnomy Hat" that has shaping that brings it down over the ears and up at the front and back to allow for the face and to prevent the pushing forward that happens when a hat has no neck shaping. The pattern is in her Knitter's Almanac book, but I believe it is sized for an adult. SOMEwhere on the internet I remember seeing a pattern available in that style, but for all sizes. Sorry, I can't do better than a vague "somewhere".

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home